Kitchen Angel or Superman Full time / Christmas Elf 25-30 hours/week from now till 23rd Dec inc
Christmas time is always busy – and we’re looking to fill two spots at the moment and we were wondering if one of these might be you-shaped? One of the roles is a full time role in our lovely Kitchen and the other one is a part-time Christmas helper role.
Kitchen Angel/Superman FULL TIME
The kitchen is the heart of Scandi Kitchen and we’re looking for that special someone to join the team and help them continue to make the most lush of lovely open sandwiches, bake the bestest cakes and prep the yummiest salads.
The job is 5 days a week, either the 7-15 shift or the 9:30-16:30 shift (we chop and change so everyone gets to do a bit of everything).
· Preparation of open sandwiches and salads in time for lunch rush
· Keeping the kitchen exceptionally clean and to high hygienic standard
· Help with ordering and daily prep, ensure stock takes are done
· Train in catering and take charge of this area when needed
What we’re looking for:
· Some experience in kitchen work – training will be given, but we need you to know a bit about working in a commercial busy prep kitchen. This is essential. We’re not looking for a five star chef, but we want someone who loves food, can cook and who understands the commercial aspect of kitchen life.
· Buckets of initiative and lots of common sense and logic thinking.
· Can-do positive attitude and ability to keep a clear head under pressure – we get super busy sometimes.
· Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to speak/read one Scandinavian language fluently as well as fluent written/spoken English
· Know all the lyrics to “The Final Countdown”. Backwards.
This job starts around about now and as one of our lovely current Angels is moving back to Sweden after Christmas –so we need you trained up before she flies off on her new adventure.
We're looking for some part time help during the Christmas period as we tend to get really, really busy. In fact, it has already started.
The job will be in all areas of Scandi Kitchen - from helping out behind the counter, making great coffee, serving lunch and helping people with their shopping. You will also be helping in the kitchen, stock room and with all our incoming orders from Scandinavia (and helping pack up our overnight orders that we send out to all over the UK). It is also likely that you will help on some catering assignments out-of-house.
This role is likely to be around 20-30 hours a week, likely to start now and go all the way through till 23rd December (when the role will end). It is very important that you can commit to working right up until and including 23rd December (we will close in the afternoon on the 23rd) as well as being available to work on Saturdays and some Sundays. More hours may be available the busier we get and the more flexible you can be.
We're looking for a lovely, presentable, nice, friendly Elf who has experience of Scandinavia/Scandinavian food. You will have some experience of working in a food related business - ideally in a cafe/deli environment.
Sounds like you? Then let us know. Interviews will starting for both roles already on Monday 16th, so get your skates on, dude. To apply, please pop us over your CV and a note stating why your chosen role is perfect for you to email@example.com. If you have not heard back from us within a week, we’re really sorry, but this means your skills and experience were not quite the right fit this time around.